Thursday, October 13, 2011

$1.50 for 10 wooden coathangers...

...from the op-shop.

One hot glue gun, fabric scraps, lace, buttons, ribbon hangers cut from new clothes, paint, gloss spray, denim, threads and a bead.
3 left as is, because they were a nice shape.
( they just escaped stamping!)

The odd shape out got the crochet make-over.

Flowers made from youtube.


Three were painted and finished with homemade flowers.


Three decorated with fabric scraps and a crochet flower.


Pretties from leftovers.






Petrea volubilis.
Also known as the sandpaper vine or tropical wisteria. Prefer full sun/part shade.

Mr CH built me an arbour from leftovers more than a year ago.

I planted a Petrea which sat and sulked for months.
Then started to grow and rewarded us with two flowers in the first season.


It has continued to grow in a "jack and the beanstalk" style and is in flower at the moment.

Isn't it pretty? I wonder what it will look like next spring.



Thank goodness it's Friday!

Enjoy your weekend, take care.




5 comments:

  1. Hi Simmone, Love the hanger makeovers, they are so pretty.

    I was just admiring a wisteria on Monday with the mr, aren't they beautiful.

    Hope your weekend is a good one, Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bargain for the coat hangers and such a sweet makeover for them.

    Love a wisteria in bloom, nice arbour, very clever of your Mr. Maybe my Mr could whip me one up also, but I won't be holding my breath, so many other jobs to do first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Simmone, Thank you for your kind works and sweet thoughts.

    Carl's dad passed away early Tuesday morning, his family was by his side.

    Thank you again, Tamara x

    Sorry, I could not find an email address to reply directly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All so pretty...coat hangers and Petrea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did to your wooden hangers, very pretty! Your Petrea looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...