Sunday, February 27, 2011

A busy week - get cracking!

Lots to do as usual and with Mr CH still on "light duties" I decided to start a few jobs I can do on my own.

Last week I was busy painting windows for the reno cottage and skirting boards for our bedroom.

These old school chairs were offered to us on their way to a country dump. While in shabby condition they are a perfect fit for the old school desk in no.3 sons room. The recent wet weather had them coated with mould so I thought now or never!


A good sand and a bit of filler in the veneer, and removal of some graffiti (primary school style).

How sweet back-to-front s's.



Me and ?


I almost caved in after sanding, thinking I can't paint wood!




A bit of undercoat, but I've changed my mind on that green( leftovers) not dark enough for a boy!
Have to get some new paint.


Need to finish this in green as well.





At least the undercoating is done.

My mirror from the op/thrift shop got a light sand and a shellac-ing as well.

What is shellac?

Beetle poo in flake form mixed with methylated spirits(denatured alcohol).
So easy to use.

I only wiped on four coats so it wouldn't be too shiny.


Just needs a couple of screws and wire (or chain) to hang, it's pretty heavy! Sorry not a very good photo.
Another vintage mirror to reflect some light.


I started work coating the bedroom floor on the weekend - one coat a day.

But now I have to go sugar soap stuff while I wait.

Work,work,work!!!!
Until then
S



1 comment:

  1. Wow you have been busy well done! Its so nice to see the age in the timber. Everything is to new these days. Have fun, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...