Friday, January 7, 2011

Random shots of random things.

It's hard to believe the first week of the new year has already flown by.
Inspite of spending most of the time indoors and the days are somewhat darker I have still managed to indulge in being snap-happy. I thought I'd share some photos from the first week this year, not exciting or anything, just a bit of whimsy.
I get laughed at for dashing out into the rain to grab some flowers, but if I can't enjoy the pretties outside then I'll save them from the rain for inside.
Some budlejia from my newly planted bush-it's only a foot high so far.
The garden turns a strange shade of green under a stormy sky.


I really hope this rain is just about finished, I think everyone has had a puddle or two. The neighbourhood kids have to jump the little gate now!

For one brief moment the sun came out and the butterflies were out in force.
Though they wouldn't stay still long enough to have a picture taken. I guess they have a lot to fit into their short life.

The plumbago desperately needs a chop, but how can I cut those pretty blue flowers?
Surely there are few flowers so lovely a shade of blue.


I think Penny-dog is getting a bit pudgy. It must be because we haven't been walking because of the rain or maybe it's all those cracker tidbits.


Finally, it's goodbye to the Christmas tree for another year. I'm sure it will be back up again before we know it.

So what has everyone else being doing to stay sane on these rainy,rainy Christmas holidays?
If you go outside you need a pair of wellies, I mean gumboots!
What can I say my Dad was a Pom for the first 17 years of his life and it was a joke to say that with a fitting accent of course!
Can you tell I'm going a bit loopy?
Stay dry.
S






4 comments:

  1. Thanks for becoming a new follower of my blog - am glad to have now discovered yours and look forward to following the progress of your renovations. Love the photo of your dog looking outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following, I know what you mean about the humidity! My hairdo would make BonJovi proud, not a good look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Simmone, have just been catching up on all of your older posts. You have a great blog and I look forward to following along. I can certainly relate to some of your stories. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like such a beginner,such a learning curve for me being a total introvert. I hope I don't bore anyone with my ramblings.Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...