Friday, December 10, 2010

Can I take you home vintage Vanguard?

What do you do when you have no internet access for a WEEK!!!


No, it isn't fatal but any longer could have been.


Stuck in a cabin in a little country town, I spent days looking and sorting through thousands of photos stored on external hard-drives (yes,a naughty way to store too many, I know).


I found some photos I liked of two old cars that were near the house we had to live in for Mr Crazy House's work.





Down a dirt track on a misty morning while the kids were still asleep, we would sometimes go, with the camera looking for something to photograph. There are more opportunities in the country to take the "rusty" photos I love. So I was happy to find these old wrecks.









A vintage Vanguard car and Vanguard ute.





Just stitting in a paddock all alone.




Almost hidden in the mist.


The Vanguard was produced by the Standard Motor Company in Coventry UK.



A vintage dashboard, no cruise-control, just cruising.


A Vanguard Phase I.
I think, produced from 1947 to 1953, their export focus was Australia after the World WarII.
The ute production ceased in 1964.


A hint of green.


And to think you would have looked like this once.
Sigh!!!

photo- Wikipedia

2 comments:

  1. When the internet goes down, I want to tear my hair out. It's so frustrating, know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, you're the first!You sent me into a mild panic,"what do I say?" I visited your blog,oh no! another crazy renovator. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...